A True Award-Winner Among New Hampshire Green Hotels
For many reasons, including our love for our resort and spa's beautiful natural surroundings, we want to ensure future generations enjoy the natural beauty of our planet as much as we have.
That's why we're proud to have been honored with numerous awards for our strides and continued effort toward being the best green hotel we can be by reducing our carbon footprint as much as possible. And not only that, but to educate our guests on the importance of responsible sustainability practices in their own lives.
EPA Green Power Purchaser
We have been honored as a 100 percent EPA Green Power Purchaser from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Mountain View Grand is the only hotel or resort and one of only a handful of companies in the state on the list of businesses that purchase green power for all of their electricity use.
Green Business Bureau Platinum Award.
For two years in a row, we were given the highest award—platinum certification status—from the Green Business Bureau's green certification program. The GBB gives national, third-party green business certifications to businesses that work to reach sustainability, save money and improve the environment. We are honored to have received this certification.
Get Inspired by Our Environmental Goals and Achievements
We are always looking for ways to be more eco-friendly, but are happy to share the current sustainability practices that have garnered us the recognition we've received. Our three most significant practices include energy and material consumption as well as wind energy supplemented by NewMix Wind Green-e Energy Certified Renewable Energy Certificates.
To Reduce Energy and Material Consumption, We Use:
- An Integrated Recycling Program for Managing Paper, Cardboard, Aluminum, Plastic, Vegetable Oil, and Organic Waste
A Towel and Linen Reuse Program
- A New Composting System in the Resort's Herb And Vegetable Garden
- Energy-Saving Lighting and Greenfiber Insulation to Retain Heat
Ahead of the Curve with Wind Energy
Can you believe that 100 percent of our electricity use is provided through renewable wind energy? Between our on-site 121-foot wind turbine and purchasing NewMix Wind Green-e Energy Certified Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) all of our power comes from wind. It's exciting to note that this offsets our carbon footprint by about 2,500,000 pounds a year, which equals:
- The Carbon Emissions it Takes to Provide Energy to 100 Homes Per Year
- Greenhouse Gas Annual Emissions of 230 Passenger Vehicles
- The Carbon That Is Annually Sequestered by 250 Acres of Pine or Fir Forests
This makes such a great impression on your guests, a very positive and progressive business reputation and most importantly, a way for you to personally and professionally improve your environmental responsibility. So, how do we do it? A few examples include:
- Availability of Online Billing, Paperless Contracting and Brochures
- Bulk Service Instead of Individual Packets of Condiments
- Drink Containers, Dishware and Cutlery Non-Disposable
- Availability of White Boards in Place of Flip Charts
- Pitchers Instead of Bottles for Water Service
- Use of Local Produce and Other Seasonal Sustainable Menu Offerings
- All Materials Provided are Recycled and Recyclable
You can learn more about our green meeting practices by viewing our flyer below.Green Meetings