MVG Academy—Teaching Excellence to the Next Generation of Hospitality Professionals
Not many hotels offer an education program for a new generation of hospitality professionals, which has become highly regarded throughout the state, across the nation, and around the world.
A Success Since Its Inception
Founded in 2004, the Mountain View Academy Hospitality Management Program hit the ground running and has become a great success. The majority of our graduates are from White Mountains Regional High School, however; we do have students from surrounding schools including: Littleton, Groveton, Profile, and Lin-Wood. We've partnered with the school thanks to the support of the New Hampshire Lodging and Restaurant Association, and the program quickly became a great success, both for the graduates of our program as well as the recognition of the program's excellence.
Mountain View Academy Honors and Program Awards
- Used as the Model Hospitality Program in the State
- Twice Included in the U.S. Department of Education's Publication "Best Practices Across the United States"
- Numerous Honors over the Years Include Congressional Citation for Academic Excellence
- Numerous Honors in the National High School Hospitality Championship American Hotel and Lodging Association
- National Civic Star Award National Association of School Principals
- Governor's Citation for Academic Excellence
- Six Time State Champions, High School Hospitality Competition
MVA Mission Statement
The mission of the Mountain View Academy is to develop highly skilled and well educated students for higher education and rewarding careers in hospitality management.
This will be achieved through a combination of educational experiences, including a college level curriculum, technical reading and writing, execution of events, community service learning, and internships in a full-scale luxury resort.
The Mountain View Academy will strive to foster economic development by creating a sustainable workforce and providing for the future of the hospitality industry.
A Hands-On Hospitality Education Program for High School Students
Our two-year program not only offers an academically advanced curriculum for our students, it's also been designed to include a hands-on education in which our students get real-life practice in each and every element of the hospitality industry, working in every department at our resort and spa. We are so proud of our program but most especially of our enthusiastic students who become ready to begin an exciting career in this dynamic, changing and rewarding industry we call hospitality.